Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Choosing a New Direction...

I am at a point in my life where I need to choose a new direction in life. I am at the point of weighing out all my options, I either stay in the military (re-up) or I get out and venture on to a road less traveled. I am thinking about going out and doing it up as far as going and trying new things going out to make a real family not saying that the friends I have made in my military venture are not family but one of my own. My daughter deserves better than what the military is offering no amount of money or gifts can make up for the time lost during my military tour. I am looking into Boston at the time, I think that would be a great place to settle down and just have a family.

I know that this is a hard decision and one that will have to be thought out in depth and in time I will have to decide where and what I will do. I think that if and when I decide to break away from the Army that this will be an enormous relief, I will always remember the great experiences I've had and all of the friends I have made. But everyone knows that you come to a point in your life where you have a fork in your road you take the paved road or the dirt road that is not on the map. No real direction, nothing is written or for sure, no real security and it is not always the safest but you know it possibly is the correct route. I am ready for that step and so I have safely decided that these next 2 years I will be planning out my time and looking for a job and all that good stuff for after military life. When my friends or whoever comes to this point in their life, I will be here to support you in whatever aspects you need me to. This is scary but I have to start now by.....

CHOOSING A NEW DIRECTION.......

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I got to admit. That was deep. You got me thinking a little more in depth about a new path that I've been thinking about following myself. Whatever you decide to do know that if you ever need help, your peeps got you. Like giggles said, follow your heart. No matter what, keep your head up.